Acadiana has tremendous educational opportunities for all age groups and areas of study. University of Louisiana Lafayette, a research intensive university, is located in the heart of Acadiana. There are Louisiana Technical College campuses in each parish of the region with specialized training opportunities to meet the needs of businesses and the community. Acadiana also offers industry-based learning academies and dual-enrollment programs that allow high school students to take college-credit courses.
Education in Acadiana from AEDC on Vimeo.
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Enrollment 18,796 (Fall 2014)
• Largest member of the University of Louisiana System
• UL Lafayette has 8 colleges:
· College of the Arts
· College of Business Administration
· College of Education
· College of Engineering
· College of General Studies
· College of Liberal Arts
· College of Nursing
· College of Sciences
• Offers 80 undergraduate degree programs, 25 master's degree programs, and doctor of philosophy degrees in Applied Language and Speech Sciences, Biology, Computer Science & Computer Engineering, Education in Educational Leadership, Nursing Practice, English, Francophone Studies, Mathematics, Systems Engineering
• Designated by the Carnegie Foundation as a "Research University with High Research Activity"
South Louisiana Community College
Enrollment 5,368 (Fall 2014)
The eight campus locations of SLCC deliver comprehensive academic and technical programs that provide skilled employees for area businesses and a springboard for higher level educational pursuits. This is accomplished through courses and programs that provide intellectually rigorous academic education, career and workforce training, continuing education, and community services through flexible instructional delivery systems including distance education.
| · Acadian Campus - Crowley, LA|
· CB Coreil Campus - Ville Platte, LA
· Evangeline Campus - St. Martinville, LA
· Gulf Area Campus - Abbeville, LA
· Lafayette Campus - Lafayette, LA
· Teche Area Campus - New Iberia, LA
· TH Harris Campus - Opelousas, LA
· Franklin Campus - Franklin, LA
Louisiana State University at Eunice
Enrollment 2,738 (Fall 2014)
Elementary & Secondary Education, K-12:
Public Schools - 171 Schools
Private & Parochial Schools - 51 Schools
Print this page